Summerfest


I went to Orem's Summerfest with some friends the other day. Even though it rained, we had a good time. Lots of booths to look at, good food and a cool old car show.

I remember as a little kid (when we lived in Orem) going to the Summerfest. Sometimes we went to the carnival and we always went to the parade. It's such a big deal! Everyone goes down to Center Street the night before and puts out blankets and lawn chairs to save a spot for the parade. I remember one year at the carnival my brother, Bob, won a frog at one of the games and we were so scared to take him home. Our parents aren't really animals-in-the-house kind of people. :) But, whether they wanted to be or not, they were good sports and the frog stayed. That is, until my brother got sick of him and flushed him down the toilet.

No comments: