"The 39 Steps"

I just finished "The 39 Steps" by John Buchan. Wow, what a good book. There is actually a really old Alfred Hitchcock movie based on it. One day I was browsing at the bookstore and came across the book and decided I had to grab it.

Originally published in 1915, the story is about a man named Richard Hannay who is bored of his everyday life in London until he meets a man at his apartment who tells him a crazy story about an assassination plot. Hannay comes home a few days later to find the man dead in his apartment. Because he knows about the plot and because he is now wanted for the murder of the man, Hannay goes on the run and travels across Europe dodging the police and those who are planning the assassination while he tries to figure out how he can prevent the planned murder and the outbreak of World War I, until he eventually has to come face to face with both.

I don't want to ruin the end but if you are looking for a good book, I really, really recommend this one!

No comments: